For the tenth year, the NCNCA is promoting a junior point series for boys and girls, ages 13-14, 15-16, and 17-18. There will be a perpetual trophy awarded to the top boy and girl in each age category, as well as other prizes to the top five in each category. The awards ceremony will be held at the final race of the series, after the junior races. Last year the prizes included cool swag as well as cash.
For the 13-14 age groups, the best six out of eleven races will count towards the final tally. For the 15-16 and 17-18 age groups the best eight out of thirteen will count. If you can't make all of the races it won't hurt your standings, as several of the races will not be counted. Please take careful note of the calendar as several races/dates have been changed from previous years.
To encourage and recognize the achievements of NEW riders to the sport, we are again promoting a BEST NEW RIDER category this year for 15-16 junior men. Prizes will be awarded to the top three riders. To qualify for this category, riders must be a Category 5 rider or previously unlicensed as of 2/10 /07 and for 2007 not have raced in more than two of the following races: Jr. Point Series or District Championship races. ("New Riders" will also be eligible for awards in the overall 15-16 category.)
Scoring system and reminders:
- Riders will be eligible for awards in their own age group with the exception that all riders 14 and under will qualify in the 13-14 bracket.
- Riders are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the point series races. With over 200 licensed junior racers in the NCNCA, several of the combined 15-18 fields are expected to be full.
- The results posted by the officials at each race are considered final. Riders are encouraged to check preliminary results at each race within the allotted timeframe and reconcile any disputes with the officials before they become finalized.
- For 15-16 and 17-18 categories, points will be awarded as follows: 1st-20, 2nd-17, 3rd-15, 4th-13, 5th-11, 6th-9, 7th-7, 8th-5, 9th-3, 10th-2, 1 point for all other starters. Riders must race a minimum of four series races to qualify for awards in the final standings.
- For girls 13-14, 15-16, 17-18 and 13-14 categories, points will be awarded as follows: 1st-10, 2nd-8, 3rd-6, 4th-4, 5th-2, 1 point for all other starters. Riders must race a minimum of four races to qualify for awards in the final standings.
- Any tied rankings in the final standings will be broken by total # of wins in the six (for 14 and under) or eight (for 15-18s) qualifying races each rider uses for the final series points. If still tied, then the most number of 2nd places would break the tie, then if still tied most number of third places, etc. If all placings are exactly the same among tied riders then the tie will be broken by the results in the series' final race.
|Date||Race||13-14 B&G||15-16 B&G||17-18 B&G|
|February 8||Cherry Pie Criterium||*||*||*|
|February 15||Davis Junior Criterium||*||*||*|
|February 21||Snelling Road Race||*||*||*|
|February 28||Merco Criterium||*||*|
|April 11||Copperopolis Road Race||*||*||*|
|April 25||Wente Vineyards Road Race||*||*|
|May 3||Cat's Hill Criterium||*||*||*|
|May 9||Pleasanton Criterium||*||*||*|
|May 17||Panoche Hills RR (Jr. State Champ)||*||*||*|
|May 25||Sugar CRM Memorial Day Criterium||*||*||*|
|May 30||Jr State Champ Criterium||*||*||*|
|June 7||Dunlap ITT||*||*||*|
|June 22||Mt Diablo Hill Climb||*||*||*|